Friday, January 26, 2007

Daily Drew

Well the Music and Lyrics publicity machine is revved up to 95%. It's nice to see Drew all over the TV (and every other medium). My Google and Yahoo! Alerts for Drew are piling in at over 10 per service per day (lots of redundacy tho...). Anyway here's today's roundup:


BARRYMORE PENS NEW TUNE FOR JENNY LEWIS


DREW BARRYMORE became so inspired while portraying a songwriter in new romantic comedy MUSIC + LYRICS, she penned a tune for her favourite singer. The actress is hoping to present the song to indie pop singer JENNY LEWIS. The actress says, "I was listening to this album by Jenny Lewis called RABBIT FUR COAT; it was just my favourite album of 2006. "I was obsessed with it and she made me think I could write a song. It's probably really terrible. "I actually know her, so I should show it to her and see what she thinks."


Lewis is also a member of Rilo Kiley and a sometime actress including a role in the great movie Pleasantville.


Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore to Help Judge Nearly 400 Aspiring Songwriters

Drew and Hugh will be the final judges in something called the "Your Music, Your Lyrics" contest in conjunction with VH1. I'm not exactly sure how "having Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore as judges, makes this user-generated contest a world-class event." as Mark McIntire, Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing, VH1 would have you believe. Still "the lucky winning songwriter will be flown to Los Angeles for the red carpet premiere of "Music and Lyrics" and will also have their song professionally recorded." So I assume that means you would get to meet Drew. Entry is closed all ready btw, so don't bother.


And finally my favorite story of the day:

Drew Barrymore's Topshop Shopping Spree


Oh, if only we could have been a fly on the clothing racks when one of our favorite stars hit one of our favorite stores. While some celebrities demand that stores be closed just for their private shopping pleasure, Drew Barrymore simply arrived at the flagship Oxford Street Topshop store in London with a small group of pals towards the end of the day on Tuesday.

Ok yeah, pretty boring, but after the nude Irish romp stories I had to post this slightly unflattering picture:

Mostly because it makes think about Drew in her underwear, and I enjoy that.

tags technorati :

No comments: