Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Resolutions 2009

Personal:
1) Be more patient with my kids. They're great. I need to remember that. They need help and patience -- not harsh criticism and aloofness.

2) Start dressing better. I have a job that lets me wear very casual clothes (carpenter's pants FTW). I can also get away with unkempt hair and an unkempt "beard"
Like this (that's six weeks on the beard BTW):
Cute eh?  Except that I have blue jeans on instead of khaki carpenters, that's pretty much what I'd wear to work and how I'd look.  So dress pants/button downs except casual Fridays, a real hair cut, and shave three times a week.
3) Get back to my high school weight.  Gain 15 pounds to get back to 165;)
4) Make all my kids' home games.
5) Keep the dishes out of the sink.  (Yeah right).
Geek:
1) AT LEAST ONE POST A DAY!  That will probably last a week, but I really have no excuse, as I don't mean one quality post a day, just one post.  I can post from two different devices I carry on me at pretty much all times (and I always have the craptacular autoupload from the cellie).  No excuses.
2) Brush up on CSS with the overall goal of theming my own Drupal installation.
3) Comment on other blogs more.  Find more good discussions and ask questions.
4) Continue to grow http://2paws.net/ 
5) Integrate the soon to come XP Pro machines at work into the current Open Directory infrastructure.  (Ick.)

No comments: