Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm not doing this twitter thing right

Ok first off my real account http://twitter.com/mcsey 400 or so hard earned followers over what three years or so that I first started making noises on Twitter. 2400 tweets of varying quality, but for me at least exactly what I was looking for. I can scroll back through my timeline and find what I was thinking about or doing on whenever.

On Friday @ferris_bueller_ @cameron_ and @sloanepetereson_ started recreating "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" via twitter and foursquare. Thinking it would be a funny one off joke I made an @Prin_Rooney account, posted Principal Rooney as my profile pic and tweeted "I'm onto you @ferris_bueller_ I will catch you this time." And then started arriving at places they marked on foursquare just after they got to the next place, and generally tweeting like I was confused about the differences between 1986 Chicago and today (WTF is Willis Tower, and how do I get there?)

In a word... bullshit.

I got a few followers on Friday, and then went home for the weekend. I get in today, and well...

http://twitter.com/Prin_Rooney 510 followers in three days, now how do I leverage that? I should have just used a gimmick account to begin with.

No comments: