Friday, February 02, 2007

Daily Drew

Drew Barrymore: 'I want to find my adult side'

Curtis Hanson, the writer/director of LA Confidential, insists that he and she are about to change that with the second of her two new films, Lucky You. "I really wanted to give her the opportunity to play what would be perceived as a more womanly character than she has played before." That character is Billy, a wannabe singer who moves to Las Vegas to follow her dreams.

Yet Barrymore seems unperturbed about the industry's perception of her. "I do want to avoid being repetitive and I know I have been. I love romantic comedies. I love happy endings. But I know now that it is time to get in touch with a different side of myself - the one that is mature, adult and dramatic. I do want to be a 'woman' woman rather than a young woman."


No comments: