Sunday, November 13, 2005

I just saw a bald eagle

They nest around here at this time of year, and it's not at all unusual to see one in a tree along the river. As there population has increased over the last few years, its becoming common to see them flying several miles from the river. We see them passing over my folks house fairly regularly.

On the ride home from breakfast today sitting ten yards off the road in a corn field was a bald eagle. Damn those things are big. Two and a half foot tall birds roxor. I slowed down to about 20, and then realized my camera was in the lapatopa bag in the trunk:(

I pulled over and the girls and I watched it for a couple minutes, but when I opened the trunk the thing took off. Six foot of wings flapping a few times and it was off. Very cool bird. Now I want to catch one diving. We had a golden eagle take a swipe at Mazzie (our chihuahua) two years ago, but I've never seen a bald eagle dive at prey.

No comments: